Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Into the Future

The paths run out ahead of their bottlenecked beginnings just in front of my steps. How I found myself here at this crossroads I still ponder - however, just a turn to where I have arrived from is a stark reminder of why I stand here now.

The paths that stretch across the country into the distance are numerous and contrast one another. Many paths are visible, some seemingly changing with the wind and others that fade as if they had not been there at all. Still there are other paths that wade out into the grassy fields and into the distance, visible for miles, where a hand could brush the tall tips of the long grass as the path is walked. Other paths enter into forests of beautiful trees, low underbrush and rolling hills, providing a stunning canopy to meander through, and a route that is just in sight around the next bend or across that small creek.

Yet, there are more paths, though only a small number, that creep out and up, into the fog of the rocky crags, behind which peaks of bold mountains are visible rising above the misting clouds. The peaks stand abrupt, unwavering, and inviting to invigorate the soul.

It is a fog-stricken path that I desire, that I wish to pursue and that beckons. It is a path that leads to places unknown, through a route that is not visible, but to a goal that is undeniable. The fog is even present now while I stand at the crossroads and look for this path. The fog clouding my mind, yet I know my steps must still proceed and so I creep forward, making certain the footing is firm and feeling for that path of the invigorating unknown.

And, so, into the future I roam...

No comments: