Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Outreach

The Base is a buzz with talking and laughter this evening during the dinner hour (or tea here in NZ - ya got me...). Just over an hour ago we found out where everyone was headed for our outreach period. The method of revelation was rather nonchalant by the staff which I think added to the excitement on the Base. Everyone is pretty excited - well, very excited.

Come April 2 as we depart for the three month outreach phase of the DTS there will be teams spreading out across the globe with the following focus areas: Eastern Europe, Africa, South America, Far East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. I will be traveling with a team of eight others to Far East Asia.

I don't know if I can share the countries in which we will be traveling to at this point in time (there are six I believe), but if one takes a map and figures that we're not traveling to either of the Koreas, Japan, or Russia, well, then you may be able to guess a few. In the near future I can probably say a bit more - there is a great team put together as well. This selection was my first choice. It is exciting.

Say, I do have some pictures to share, however, obviously, they have not yet been posted to this blog site. Maybe tomorrow, but then, I have said this before. There are certain priorities here, such as playing capture the flag this evening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Woody! It's awesome you got your first choice. My aunt does a Nurses Without Borders program every year in Vietnam and she loves it.

Can't wait for the pictures!

~Felicia

Anonymous said...

Matt...that is so amazing that you are going to Far East Asia! Amazing that you got your first choice...I'm so excited for you. I'll try and e-mail you soon, but just wanted to say that I'm stoked that you got your assignment and can't wait to see what God does in your life! -steph