Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another Journal Entry, 9 May 2008

Still standing
Today, a day of new beginnings
Tomorrow, a day of undiscovered potential
Yesterday, a day where I learned about tomorrow
And still I stand
Here go I wavering in the wind, listening for a voice in the whispers
Clear and true ring the words once heard
Phrases of wisdom pulling towards a chasm of unknown
Shall I trust?
I cannot say as the wind buffets against my will
I know I cannot stay where I stand
Perhaps that next step will find my answer
A hastened glance over the edge straining for a glimpse of the beyond
Yet I cannot force the new perspective into that chasm of the unknown
I find that each step appears to give a slight increase of light
Each step gathers with it a slight decrease in the depth of that chasm ahead
It is as if the simple desire of moving toward the unknown brings revelation

*******************


TEAM AFRICA
[back row, left to right : Bethany, Cheryl, Dortje, Diane]
[front row, left to right : Jonathan, Jessica, Rochelle, and I]

No comments: