Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Return of the Lower 48

Back in Washington and Oregon (from Alaska) today. Just in time actually to celebrate the little sister's 21st Birthday with a nice dinner out - just her and I. Don't worry, parents, no heavy drinking involved...

Good to be back here in the South to visit family. Looking forward to the next, nearly, 3 weeks of time here. Shall return to Alaska on 25 July - well, only until 16 August, then back down again I come.

It seems pretty amazing to me how God works in even the most humble circumstances, or rather circumstances that may seem to the person in them as humble (or unwelcome) at the time. It seems to me that it is not so much what you do as a result of the circumstances in which you find yourself, but rather the attitude you take about the current circumstances and the forthcoming conduct.

This is all to say that I believe we are put in situations where we can flourish or perish - the choice is dependent upon the individual and how they would respond with their attitude and resultant action. For example the last few weeks in Alaska (after just over four months of absence) were good, however, I don't know that they were what I really wanted on the outset. However, at this point in time I understand why it was that I was in such a circumstance, and while I can't say that a positive attitude abounded I can say that God had plans beyond my own to which I now understand and appreciate. Hindsight is always 20/20.

A quick note that my friend Willard (see the end of this post) is doing much better and currently working to regain strength (and weight) to return to where he was before becoming sick. Thanks to any out there who were praying - don't stop but realize that prayers have been answered.

No comments: