Thursday, September 22, 2005

In Alaska: Where Winter Approaches

Monday late evening marked another return to the State of Alaska.  It was good to be back in this state.  A golden color greeted the morning on Tuesday.  The leaves here in Alaska have changed indicating the approaching winter.  It is hard to believe that one more summer has now passed.  However, I do believe that September is one of the best months of the year here with cool, sunny fall days full of changing colors, and seasons (additionally, there are no longer any tourists, er, bugs to speak of).  

The past five weeks (nearly) have been spent in the Pacific Northwest and in the Midwest.  I don't have much more to add to the previous posts on the travels.  This is not to say that a grand time wasn't had, rather, I wouldn't know where to begin.  Highlights of the trip(s) were spending time with friends and family - opportunities for which another chance may not transpire for some time (at least such in the Midwest).  So, it was quite a blessing to have the opportunity to continue the travels in the states and I hope to retain many of the memories and experiences!

BTW, a new addition to the photo album family was made today to highlight just a few of the picturesque scenes from the travels.  The pictures aren't of the highest caliber but do capture some of the scenes from Ohio thru Michigan and even recent excursions around the farm in Tacoma and an escapade to Mt. Rainier.  

The brain is not functioning well tonight.  Maybe the LCD screen of the computer is finally eating its way through my retinas into the brain cavity.  In any case not much more to say right now - maybe someone out there has something interesting to say.  Well, off to pack for hunting on Friday!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you //////////////////////////// (that was Heisman saying hello!) what a wonderful cousin I have??? Thank you for who you are and ALL that you do!

Thank you SO much for calling when you were here! It was so good to see you again and to spend some quality time with you! I love reading your reflections as I can keep up with what you are up to as well as what is on your mind. You are always making me think, Matt! I am glad to know that somebody else thinks and questions as much as I do as I really belive that it promotes positive growth and maturity!

Have fun hunting and make sure to bring some pictures back to post! You have taken some gorgeous pictures and they are sure to amaze! God has really blessed us with true beauty! Say hello to everyone for me and keep typing!

Love, Adele