Wednesday, November 29, 2006

On and On




Shots of Denali (Mt. McKinley) with Dad and the dog and me.

Time slows down for no one. I keep thinking that any day now I will update this thing - not that I don't want too, it's just that procrastination is too often my friend.

And, so, I sit here and compose a brief update nearly two weeks after arriving back in Alaska from New Zealand.

In amongst these near two weeks my parents and I made a trip to Fairbanks for Thanksgiving in order to spend time there with my brothers (and one sister-in-law) and family friends. This is where the pictures above came from - well, during the drive north anyway. It was quite wonderful, but a bit chilly. 25 degrees F below zero at night with a number of degrees warmer during the day.

Now, there are preparations to be made here in order for a later-this-week departure to the Lower 48. In addition there are preparations for a near-future return to New Zealand...

As of late I have read a number of insightful, humorous, and informative blogs. Maybe someday I will add some wit and lessons learned to the electronic pages of personal views, maybe...

2 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah I know, it was weird not having snow for Thanksgiving! So, what's going on with you, travelling man? Back to New Zealand? I want details!

mw said...

yeah, details! those sound nice! I can't wait to hear them either!